The church has a garden to the front with lawn, flower beds and shrubberies either side of the path leading from the fine wrought iron gates to the church door.
The Cathedral Church of the Good Shepherd was originally built as the 'Ark of the Covenant' for the Agapemonite (Abode of Love) sect, which had been founded in Somerset by Henry James Prince. Prince came to Clapton with his congregation when he built the church here in 1892. It was closed in the 1920s but later acquired in 1956 by the Ancient Catholic Church.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsRail: Stamford Hill. Bus: 67, 76, 149, 253 [73, 243, 243A, 318]
Official WebsiteClick Here
Ancient Catholic Church
London Parks and Gardens Trust