Features of the park include a café, bowling green, pavilion, multi-sports courts, tennis courts, football pitches, golf course and playgrounds.
Oak Hill Woods date back to at least the 11th century when they were owned by the church, and may have been the source of timber for building St Albans Abbey. After the Dissolution of the Monasteries church lands were sold in 1536-8 and incorporated into the Oak Hill Estate; it remained in private ownership until 1928. In 1930 East Barnet Council acquired the land and Oak Hill Park was opened in 1933, including the woodland, which was established as a Nature Reserve in 1997.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Cockfosters, Arnos Grove (Piccadilly) then walk. Rail: Oakleigh Park; New Barnet then bus. Bus 184, 125, 307, 382
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust