At the park's highest point is a large bronze statue of The Peacemaker, donated by Sidney Simmons JP and dedicated to Edward VII, who had died just before the new park was due to be officially opened. The park was laid out with bowling green and pavilion, tennis courts, putting green and playground, with more formal gardens around the house, now a café.
Friary Park is on land formerly around The Friary/Friern House, built in the 19th century. The site was acquired in 1909 and opened as a public park in 1910.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Totteridge & Whetstone (Northern) then bus. Bus: 134, 234, 383, 634
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)