King Edward Memorial Park occupies the site of the former Shadwell Fish Market Estate. Features include a bowling green.
The site was acquired by the King Edward VII Memorial London Committee following the King's death in 1910. It was laid out with bowling greens, playgrounds, flower gardens, a bandstand, riverside promenade and a long balustraded terrace overlooking the park on the north boundary. A memorial to the King was placed on this terrace at the top of a flight of steps leading to the main area of the park. It was opened to the public on 24 June 1922 by King George V.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsLondon Overground/DLR: Shadwell
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)