Features of St Mary's Churchyard Gardens include a circular walk and seating.
St Mary's Churchyard Gardens were formerly part of the churchyard of St Mary's Rotherhithe, an additional area that was acquired for burial by the churchwardens in 1820 when the churchyard had become overcrowded. It opened in 1821 when the Watch House was built and burials took place here until 1852. It was converted as a public garden and opened in 1901.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsLondon Overground: Rotherhithe. Tube: Bermondsey (Jubilee). Bus: 47, 188, 225, P11, 381, P13
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust