Wapping Gardens today have a fountain and playground, with perimeter planting of shrubs and a number of fine plane trees.
Formerly known as Wapping Recreation Ground, this was one of the earliest applications under the provisions of the 'Artizans' and Labourers' Dwellings Improvement Act' of 1875. The gardens were formed on the site of slum clearance in 1886 and were laid by the Metropolitan Board of Works. They were opened to the public on 8th June 1891.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsLondon Overground: Wapping