The house and arboretum area now leased to Haven House Children's Hospice, which is not publicly accessible. The adjoining woods are maintained as public open space by LB Waltham Forest.
Mallinson Park Woods were originally part of the grounds of the White House, which was owned by Lt. Col. Sir Stuart Mallinson from 1925-81 during which time he expanded the estate to over 10 hectares and created gardens and an arboretum. In 1978 Sir Stuart, anxious about the future of the estate after his death, gave the property to the London Borough of Waltham Forest, although he retained a life interest in it until he died in 1981.
Visitor FacilitiesThere is unrestricted access through the grounds to the woods but house grounds are private.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThere is unrestricted access through the grounds to the woods but house grounds are private.
DirectionsTube: Woodford; South Woodford (Central) then bus. Bus: 20, 179, 275, W13
London Parks and Gardens Trust