The churchyard, which adjoins Durants Park and Hertford Road Cemetery, was extended in 1861 and is now closed to burials. There are a number of good trees, gravestones and tombs, mainly dating from the 19th century.
St James' Church was built in 1831, when a new church was needed to serve the growing parish of Enfield. Originally a Chapel of Ease, St James's became a district church in 1833. It was damaged in a fire in the mid-20th century and later restored.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Southbury then bus. Bus: 121, 279, 307, 310, 310A, 363
London Parks and Gardens Trust