The Quintin Kynaston School was created from the merger of the Quintin School and the Kynaston Technical School and shares a block with the George Eliot Infant and Primary Schools. A number of trees were preserved from the villa gardens which previously occupied this site.
The schools were designed in 1956 by architect Edward D. Mills, the landscaping by Bridgewater and Shepheard. The site was previously part of the Eyre Estate and featured Victorian detached and semi-detached villas with large gardens and a fine collection of trees. As many trees as possible were preserved in the design for the schools and the layout allowed for ample grassed areas for recreation around the teaching blocks. In 2011 plans were approved to rebuild the Quintin Kynaston School as part of the Marlborough Hill Campus to include a new George Eliot Primary School and a new Alternative Provision Centre. This project is part of the government’s Building Schools for the Future initiative and managed by WCC; a completion date of 2015 is projected.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsTube: St John's Wood (Jubilee). London Overground: South Hampstead. Bus: 13, 46, 82, 113, 187
- Associated People
London Parks and Gardens Trust