The Common is in two parts, a large area west of Green Lanes and a smaller area to the east that was laid out before 1914, also referred to as Green Gate Common. Two tennis courts were added on the west side before 1935, one converted to a children's playground in 1989, the other now used for basketball.
Ducketts Common is sited on former common land that had been within the Manor of Duckett's, first mentioned when Laurence Duket acquired land in the area in 1293, and is all that remains of the 138-acre Ducketts Farm. In 1900 Tottenham UDC began to improve the Common with two tar-paved paths, wrought iron railings, and 140 trees with tree guards planted around the perimeter and each side of the paths. The MPGA provided 30 more trees in 1912.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Turnpike Lane (Piccadilly). Bus: 29, 141, 41, 67, 230, W4.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)