The park is in two sections bisected by a straight footpath, the west section open grassland and the east section laid out as a formal garden in the early-20th century. In the centre is a drinking fountain in memory of C W Barratt whose confectionery factory overlooked Wood Green Common from 1880 to around 1980, and was an important local employer.
Wood Green Common is a remnant of the original Wood Greene, which abutted the east side of Tottenham Wood, part of the Forest of Middlesex. Wood Green was a hamlet within the parish of Tottenham until the area was developed after the opening of the station in 1859, becoming a separate authority in 1888.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Wood Green (Piccadilly). Bus: W3, 184
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust