In 1950 the area east of the tower was re-landscaped and dedicated as a Garden of Remembrance to those who died in WWII. It has a formal, symmetrical layout. North of the tower is the densest area of tombs and to the south the site is more open.
The public garden is on the site of the former church and churchyard of Hornsey Parish Church of St Mary. In 1831 the medieval church, with the exception of its early C16th tower, was demolished when a new church was built to serve the growing population. This was replaced by a larger church in 1889 and eventually demolished in 1927, leaving only the tower.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Hornsey. Bus: 41, 144.
London Parks and Gardens Trust