In 1974 the site was purchased by Haringey Council largely for housing development and the Crown Courts opened here in 1989, set behind landscaped gardens on Lordship Lane.
Although Wood Green Crown Courts are of recent date, the site was formerly that of the Royal Masonic Institute for Boys, built in 1865 on the site of a large house. When the school moved, the building had a number of uses, including as the headquarters of Eastern Gas. Early C20th photographs show gardens in front of the building.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Wood Green (Piccadilly). Bus 144, 243, 243A, W3
London Parks and Gardens Trust