The original layout included boundary trees, probably London planes of which at least one survives, and a winding walk with many bays for seats running east to west.
Rectory Gardens was laid out by 1894 on former rural open space lying between Hornsey High Street to the south and the grounds of The Rectory to the north. The line of the straight approach drive to the house as shown on the 1864 OS Map now forms part of the roadway, Rectory Gardens, which divides the public gardens today.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Hornsey then bus. Bus W3, 144.
London Parks and Gardens Trust