Features of Beulah Hill Pond include mature trees, reed beds and rockery planting.
Beulah Hill Pond had long existed as a watering place for cattle and horses, such as those pulling trams up Knights Hill. A railing across the middle prevented animals straying into the deeper water. Locally known as the Big Pond or Crown Pond, the name Beulah dates from the C19th and may derive from Bewlys Farm and Bewly Wood. The pond came under the auspices of Croydon Parks Department in 1954 and in the early 1960s it was a favourite place for skating in the winter.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is visible from the exterior, only open 10am-1pm Saturdays for maintenance.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is visible from the exterior, only open 10am-1pm Saturdays for maintenance.
DirectionsRail: West Norwood then bus. Bus: 196, 249, 468, X68
London Parks and Gardens Trust