Biggin Wood is an area of woodland believed to have once been part of the Great North Wood. The site was acquired by Croydon Corporation in 1939, with tennis courts and changing rooms provided in 1949.
Biggin Wood appears to have been within a 120 acre estate known as Biggin’s Farm. A parish map of 1864 shows 'Biggens Wood' and 'Biggen's Farm' at the end of Biggin's Farm Road. By 1928 the farmhhouse was a ruin and the area around it had lain derelict for some years.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Norbury. Bus: 250, 468
London Parks and Gardens Trust