Facilities at Upper Norwood Recreation Ground include football pitches, multi-games court (football only) and changing rooms.
The site for Upper Norwood Recreation Ground was acquired by Croydon Corporation from the Ecclesiastical Commissioners, and opened in May 1890, laid out with serpentine walks and planted with 1600 trees and shrubs. Facilities included a bandstand, tennis courts and changing rooms; a drinking fountain and rustic shelter were donated in 1891. A popular park particularly for football and cricket, it was also intended to serve nearby Lambeth, which then had little public open space. The north-west area was used for allotments in the 1930s, but later returned to sports ground.
Visitor FacilitiesThe park is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe park is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Gipsy Hill c.2km to north. Bus: 450