In the churchyard is a memorial to Robert FitzRoy (1805-1865), who entered the Royal Navy at the age of 13 and was later notable as Captain of HMS Beagle in 1831-36, inviting Charles Darwin to accompany the voyage. He was also a noted meteorologist and former Governor of New Zealand.
All Saints church was built in 1827-9 as a Chapel of Ease to Croydon Parish Church of St John the Baptist, established when Upper Norwood was becoming fashionable; the parish of St Margaret was added in 2003.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsLondon Overground: Crystal Palace then bus. Bus: 50, 196, 259, 469.
Official WebsiteClick Here
Diocese of Southwark
London Parks and Gardens Trust