Features of Beaulieu Heights include woodland and a pond.
Beaulieu Heights is on woodland that was once part of the Great North Wood before it formed the grounds of two large houses, Hazelwood and Beaulieu Lodge. Much of the land in the area was owned by the Archbishops of Canterbury. A map of 1870 shows woodland at that time of a very similar extent to that in the area today. Croydon Council purchased Hazelwood and Beaulieu Lodge from the Church Commissioners in 1938 and the park was opened to the public after World War 2.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.