Although damaged by the storms of 1987 and largely playing fields, much of the old parkland is still recogniseable.
Formerly part of the parkland belonging to the Coombe Estate, Lloyd Park was given to Croydon Corporation in memory of Frank Lloyd (d.1927). Lloyd, a newspaper proprietor, had lived at Coombe House and formed the idea of presenting some of his land to the borough for public playing fields. After his death the land passed to his daughter, who made the gift in accordance with her father’s wishes and to provide a memorial to him.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTramlink: Route 3 to Coombe Lane, Lloyd Park. Bus: 250, 468.
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust