Remnants of the former ornamental gardens and mature trees are visible today. The house has been put to different uses, including a convalescent home, school and now a residential care home, renamed in 1988 after a consultant at St Lawrence's Hospital in Caterham.
Geoffrey Harris House was formerly called Coombe House, built after 1761 on the site of an older house. An C18th ice-house remains in the grounds. The property went through a number of owners and from 1833 it was let to various tenants. During the tenancy of Mr Hankley in c.1844 the upper lawn was converted from rough commonland to gardens and shrubberies. The next owner was Edward Lloyd (d.1863); his son Frank who later lived here from1892-1927 was an important local benefactor.
- Access & Directions
DirectionsBus: 250, 468. Tramlink: Route 3 to Coombe Lane, Lloyd Park.
- 18th Century
- Late 18th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust