Little remains of the garden in the vicinity of the house other than some rockwork and part of a walled garden. All the immediate surrounds are covered with school buildings. The tree covered area to the west appears little changed since the first edition Ordnance Survey. Earlier maps, should they exist, may indicate whether this was part of the 18th-century landscape, which appears likely.
The history of Westwood Manor has been confused with that of Westwood Hall, Leek in catalogues and publications, so that it is often difficult to distinguish one from another. The present house was built in 1851 for John Davenport, the glass and pottery manufacturer of Longport. It lies on the site of an earlier house of 1776 which had burned down. After several changes of ownership the house was presented to Staffordshire County Council by Enoch Haughton in 1944 in memory of his wife Cicely, to be used as a school.
- School (featured building)
- Earliest Date:
- Latest Date:
- Garden Wall
- Description: Part of a walled garden remains.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust