The site is best-known for the bath house in the grounds. It originally contained a living room and kitchen, a swimming pool, a waterwheel and underground passages.
The Sneyd family acquired the estate around 1815, and it was the Reverend John Sneyd who built the bath house. The house was tenanted for some time, then was in use as a school before returning to the occupancy of a Sneyd family descendant.
- Bath House
- Description: A late castellated folly (1841), built for the Rev. John Sneyd, attached to a 19th century bath-house with a plunge bath, small lake and grotto about 400 yards from the main house, at the bottom of a steep rocky slope.
- Victorian (1837-1901)
Staffordshire Gardens and Parks Trust