Most of the roads of the estate originally had grass verges but now only those adjoining the green at West Hill Road survive. The land at the junction with Viewfield Road and West Hill Road was acquired by Wandsworth Borough Council in 1900 and is protected under the London Squares and Enclosures (Preservation) Act of 1906.
- Visitor Access & Directions
DirectionsTube: East Putney (District)
One of a number of public open spaces maintained by Wandsworth Borough Council and laid out when the West Hill area was developed as a speculative middle class estate from the mid C19th - early C20th. The sloping land was previously rural and the field pattern still partly defines the estate boundaries; the original estate plan had detached and semi-detached houses laid out on curved roads with triangular greens at main road junctions along the ridge of the hill.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust