This small landscaped area is at the junction of roads, railed with hedge on one side, with one or two conifers and a brick structure at the apex with an Arts and Crafts style stone balustrade and niches. Merton Road was part of the development of the West Hill area for middle-class housing from the mid-C19th/early C20th.
The sloping land was previously rural and the field pattern still partly defines the estate boundaries; the original estate plan had detached and semi-detached houses laid out on curved roads with triangular greens at the main road junctions along the ridge of the hill. Most of the roads of the estate originally had grass verges.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: East Putney (District). Rail: Wandsworth Town.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust