The churchyard is simply laid out with grass and some seats, with crazy paving path around the church and a number of trees along the front and side boundaries. The boundary is marked by iron posts and ornamental chain over a low brick wall, a narrow flower bed on one boundary. In around 2004 the western part was laid out in York stone and the enclosing walls renewed, with new trees planted.
All Saints Church stands on an important historic site, marking the old medieval centre of Wandsworth Town, which grew up by a river crossing of the River Wandle near where it joined the Thames and Wandsworth High Street follows the old road. The medieval church was largely rebuilt in 1779-80 by William Jupp, later altered in 1841 when the upper part of the west tower was added to the bottom storey of 1630. Further works took place in 1859 and again in 1899-1900, and the church was restored in 1955 following damage in World War 2.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Wandsworth Town. Bus: 37, 170, 220, 270, 337
- Medieval (1066-1540)
London Parks and Gardens Trust