The triangular green was provided as public open space by Wandsworth Borough Council, and was opened to the public in 1922, laid out with grass and trees and has 8 mature trees, one lime and seven horse chestnut, which may be a remnant of old hedgerow.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: East Putney (District)
This area was formerly part of the estate of Clock House, which was built in the late C18th on land taken from Earl Spencer's estate; in 1796 a Jacob Bell lived here. The Clock House estate ceased to exist when it was purchased by the Fulham Railway in c.1888 for the Wimbledon extension of the railway line. The area was then developed for housing between 1895-1905, an estate plan was laid out by the landowners and building lots then acquired and developed by different builders. The focal point is the green space at the junction of Rusholme Road and Holmbush Road. Holmbush Road and the north part of Rusholme Road was built by a family called Parnell, and the houses in Rusholme Road and Dromore Road south and east of the green were built by John Tuckett.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust