Facilities at Vale Farm Sports Ground include sports pitches, cricket and tennis courts. The Sports Centre has squash, badminton, gym, swimming pools and an asto-turf pitch.
Vale Farm was owned by the Lake family in the 18th century, later purchased by the Page family and Samuel Palmer of Huntley & Palmer biscuits lived here 1874. Wembley UDC purchased the land for public open space and sports in October 1928 from the then owners, builders E & F Toley. The park opened in April 1930. Wembley's first open air swimming pool was in the park but later closed. A new complex was built in 1979. The park was the home of Wembley Football Club and it was here that the England World Cup squad trained prior to winning the World Cup in 1966.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Sudbury Town (Piccadilly). London Overground/Tube (Bakerloo): North Wembley. Rail: Sudbury & Harrow Road. Bus: 18, 92, 182, 204
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust