The old part of the churchyard surrounds the church and a detached burial ground was added in the mid-19th century. To the north of the church is a memorial garden and 20th-century parish rooms.
The church of St Mary Harrow on the Hill dates back to at least medieval times and is on the site of an old hilltop settlement that may have been a pagan religious centre. Harrow on the Hill was once the largest parish in Middlesex, and the village is now dominated by Harrow School. A famous pupil at Harrow, Lord Byron, spent time in the churchyard where he composed poetry.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube/Rail: Harrow on the Hill (Metropolitan). Bus: H17, 258
- Medieval (1066-1540)
Diocese of London
London Parks and Gardens Trust