The park today has formal gardens and more open parkland. There are remnants of earlier features such as garden balustrades of Barham Mansion, walls and ornamental gates, and part of Crab's House is now the library. Wembley and Brent Parks Nursery was here from 1950-1960s, its site now the Queen Elizabeth II Jubilee Garden, with the old nursery glasshouse as its focal point.
Barham Park was once grounds of the 18th-century Crab's House, which was acquired in 1801 by John Copland who built Sudbury Lodge (later called Barham Mansion) in around 1850. By 1895 the estate was owned by Sir George Barham; it was inherited in 1913 by his son Titus, who spent much on its improvement. When he died in 1937 he left house and grounds to the citizens of Wembley, together with his private museum.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Sudbury Town (Piccadilly). Rail: Sudbury and Harrow Road. Bus: 18, 92, 204, 182, 245, H17.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)