Planting in the park consists chiefly of willows and poplars, with some specimen trees and ornamental conifers; there is a bowling green to the east.
Modestly designed interwar park created for the surrounding council housing of Preston Park Estate, built between 1927-37. The land was once part of Preston Farm, which until 1086 had belonged to the church. Preston was a rural hamlet until the station was opened in the area in 1931/2 although the railway had run through the area from 1880 and there was a halt by 1908.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Preston Road (Metropolitan). London Overground/Tube (Bakerloo): South Kenton. Bus: 223.
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)