In woodland in the north west corner is Ducker Pool, once a farm pond but later the swimming pool for Harrow School.
Northwick Park Estate was once within the Manor of Harrow, part of Sheepcote Farm until the early-20th century when much of the farmland was purchased by Harrow School. It is named after Lord Northwick who was Lord of the Manor in the early-19th century and responsible for enclosing much of Harrow's commonland. In 1912 the estate was inherited by Captain E G Spencer-Churchill as development in the area was taking place. In 1936 Middlesex County Council and Wembley Borough Council acquired 192 acres for public open space, carrying out landscaping and tree planting while retaining some existing features.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Northwick Park (Metropolitan). London Overground/Tube (Bakerloo): South Kenton. Bus: 114, 182, 183, 223, H10, H18, N18.