A series of different character gardens were laid out including a rose garden and an Italian-style garden. As well as quiet seating areas and ornamental gardens, the public were provided with tennis courts and a children's playground.
Trumble Gardens were laid out on the site of three houses in Brigstock Road that were destroyed by bombing in WWII. The site was purchased by Croydon Corporation in 1947/8 and cleared of rubble, the new gardens' boundary walls built from the bricks of the houses. Originally called Brigstock Road Gardens, the garden was later renamed to commemorate the late Alderman Trumble.
Visitor FacilitiesThe gardens are open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe gardens are open from 8am Mon-Fri/9am weekends - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Thornton Heath. Bus: 198, 250
London Parks and Gardens Trust