The church has a garden with grass and flower border behind a flint wall to the road, with a few headstones in the shrubbery at the eastern boundary.
The original Christ Church was a flint-faced building of 1851-2, paid for by Archbishop Sumner. Due to structural problems it was closed in 1978 and, following a petition, approval to demolish the building was given in 1982. However, in 1983 the old church was listed and total demolition therefore not granted. The building was badly damaged by fire in 1985 and a new church retaining the undamaged portion at the western end was opened by the Bishop of Southwark in June 1991.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail/London Overground: West Croydon. Tube: Colliers Wood
- Victorian (1837-1901)
London Parks and Gardens Trust