When the churchyard became a public garden the graves were cleared, with headstones set along the walls. There are a number of old London plane trees, and numerous shrubs and flowers, and some of the trees along Hammersmith Road have survived.
The original chapel was built in 1814, replaced in 1883 by a new church that was destroyed by WWII bombing on 18 June 1944. It was not until 1961 that St Mary's Church was rebuilt to a traditional form.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 7.30am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 7.30am - dusk.
DirectionsTube: Hammersmith (District, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City) then bus. Bus: 9, 10, 27, 391