The gravestones have mostly been cleared, but one chest tomb remains. There are several trees, including a mature oak.
The first church here was built in 1631 as a Chapel-of-Ease within the Parish of Fulham, only becoming the parish church when Hammersmith became a separate parish in 1834. St Paul's Church was rebuilt in 1882/3 on the site of the old church. Its churchyard was reduced in size when Hammersmith Flyover was built in 1961 as part of the Great West Road extension, and most of the gravestones had been cleared when it became a public garden, in the care of the local authority. St Paul's Green was created as a new public open space adjacent to the church in 1998.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Hammersmith (District, Piccadilly, Hammersmith & City). Bus: 9, 10, 33, 209, 211, 419
London Parks and Gardens Trust