In the centre of the road is an area of landscaping around the Queen Victoria Monument, a memorial erected by inhabitants of the borough of Kensington. Designed by H L Florence in 1904, the granite column is topped with an urn and has reliefs of the Queen on the faces. It was re-erected here in 1934. The central area with the memorial column has planters either side and a drinking trough to the south, sited here in 1899 by the Metropolitan Drinking Fountain and Cattle Trough Association at the behest of 'R McC'.
- Visitor Access, Directions & Contacts
Access contact details
Opening is unrestricted.
London Overground/Tube (District): Kensington (Olympia).
- Features & Designations
- Reference: Edwardes Square, Scarsdale and Abingdon
- Key Information
Open to the public