The churchyard has many 18th- and 19th-century monuments and two fine yews; the lych gate was erected in 1904/5 to the memory of the wife of music publisher John Boosey. The church closed in 1972, after the parish was bisected by the A40 with a new church built to serve the north of the parish. In 1976 a group of volunteers got together to rescue the church and leased it from the Diocese as the Friends of St Mary's Perivale. It is now a venue for musical and other events.
The small church of St Mary the Virgin dates from the 12th century, the manor formerly called Little Greenford or Greenford Parva to distinguish it from Greenford Magna, but from the 16th century known as Perivale. Until the 18th century the rural hamlet contained no more than a church, rectory, manor house and a few farmhouses.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Perivale (Central) then bus. Bus: 95, 297, E5.
- 12th Century
- Medieval (1066-1540)
Diocese of London, leased to Friends of St Mary's Perivale
London Parks and Gardens Trust