The small rectangular park is on sloping ground with good views north over Pitshanger Park and beyond.
Prior to being laid out as a park, the area was fields. There was a proposal to purchase land north of Cleveland Road and east of Argyle Road for an extension of Pitshanger Park in 1914. However it was not until 1926 that the Town Council applied to the Ministry of Health to approve borrowing to purchase land north of Cleveland Road for a recreation ground.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: West Ealing/Ealing Broadway then bus. Tube: Ealing Broadway (District, Central) then bus. Bus: 297, E7, E2, E9/
- Early 20th Century
London Parks and Gardens Trust