The churchyard contains a number of wooden 'bedhead' memorials and historic 19th-century tombs such as those of Emily Trollope, sister of Anthony Trollope, and W M Thackeray's grandparents.
A church has existed here since the 12th century and the present building dates from 1494, the date given unusually in Arabic numerals over the west door, which was renovated in 1956. The copper beacon on the tower was set up in the 18th century, possibly to celebrate the return to health of George III; this was lit for Queen Elizabeth II's Coronation in 1953.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted. Church open occasional Sundays 2.30-4.30pm.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted. Church open occasional Sundays 2.30-4.30pm.
DirectionsTube: High Barnet (Northern) then bus.
Official WebsiteClick Here
Diocese of London
London Parks and Gardens Trust