The park was laid out with serpentine walks, shrubs and bedding. There used to be two ornamental ponds that were drained in 1992, their location marked as sunken areas.
This was once within Barnet Common, which had been partly enclosed in 1729 and the remainder in 1815. In the 1880s when housing and a new road were being built here, a small area of remaining open land with a pond was converted into this public park. Initially called Barnet Recreation Ground, it was later named after James Ravenscroft, a great benefactor of Barnet.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: High Barnet (Northern) then bus. Bus: 107, 263, 307, 384