The churchyard has a few graves from the 18th century including a group by the south porch, although inscriptions are no longer decipherable. There are a number of yews including one at least 200 years old, although it was once rumoured to be 1,000 years old!
The first reference to a church here is in 1293 although the Manor of Hanworth is mentioned in the Domesday Book of 1086. From the 15th to the 17th century the Manor was owned by the Crown, and members of the royal family undoubtedly worshipped at St George's when they were visiting Hanworth Park, where they hunted. The medieval church was demolished when a new church was built in 1812.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsRail: Feltham then bus. Bus: H25.
Diocese of London
London Parks and Gardens Trust