The Manor of Hanworth is referred in the Domesday Book and in the C15th was owned by the Crown. In 1519 Henry VIII gave it to the Rector of St George's Hanworth. Rectory Meadow, part of land owned by the Rector, was purchased under the auspices of the Middlesex County Council in 1946/48 for public open space, although discussions had begun in 1939. Hanworth Borough Council received a grant from King George's Fields Foundation towards the park, which opened in 1953.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am - dusk.
DirectionsRail: Feltham then bus. Bus: H25, 290, 111
London Parks and Gardens Trust