Features of St Dunstan's Churchyard now include a children's playground.
This is the former burial ground of the old parish church of St Dunstan and All Saints, whose origins date back to the C7th. The churchyard closed for burials in 1854 and most of the tombstones and headstones were removed between 1885 and 1887 when high ground around the church was dug away. The MPGA then converted the burial ground into a public garden, at a cost of £3,000, and it was opened by the Duchess of Leeds on 18 July 1887.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is open from 8am - dusk. Church open to visitors on Sundays.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is open from 8am - dusk. Church open to visitors on Sundays.
DirectionsTube: Stepney Green (District, Hammersmith & City).
- Associated People
Just one person associated to St Dunstan's Churchyard, Stepney
London Parks and Gardens Trust