The forecourt of the Queen's Building on the Mile End Campus of Queen Mary, University of London, has a semi-circular area of formal planting with a driveway and a fine clock tower with drinking fountain.
The building originated as the Queen's Hall of The People's Palace, which was opened by Queen Victoria in 1887, and was built on the former site of Bancroft's School founded in 1737. Nicknamed 'The Albert Hall of East London' it provided East Enders with educational, cultural and social activities. A popular venue for many years, it eventually closed in 1954 and was sold to Queen Mary College, now forming part of its campus.
Visitor FacilitiesThe site is partially accessible, being open when the university campus is in use.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsThe site is partially accessible, being open when the university campus is in use.
DirectionsTube: Stepney Green (District); Mile End (District/Central). Bus: 25, 205, 277, 309, 339, D6
London Parks and Gardens Trust