The garden retains some chest tombs, head stones and ledger slabs, but formerly possessed fourteen large crypts.
Former burial ground opened by the Non-conformist Stepney Meeting in 1779, which also built almshouses, a Meeting House and school here. The burial ground closed in 1853. The almshouses, school and Meeting House were bombed in WWII, and the small oblong burial ground was made into a public garden in 1976.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Stepney Green (District, Hammersmith & City)