Some tombs remain in the park. A paddling pool was constructed in the park in around 1934. Terraced houses on surrounding streets suffered bomb damage in World War 2 and the wider area was subsequently made into the park.
Shandy Park is on the former site of the East London Cemetery or Beaumont Burial Ground, which was founded by Captain J T Barber Beaumont, as part of housing that he built on his land here. The cemetery closed in 1852 and in 1885 it was made into a children's recreation ground, maintained by the LCC who leased the site from the Beaumont family.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Stepney Green (District, Hammersmith & City)
London Parks and Gardens Trust