Brickfield Gardens features play equipment, grass and flower beds. Some of the original plane trees remain in the gardens.
The site was a former brickfield that was compulsorily purchased in 1899, cleared and laid out as public gardens by the LCC. It opened as Brickfield Gardens in 1904 with a children's playground and bandstand. It later provided recreational space for residents of the Locksley Estate, which was built from the 1950s by the LCC, when further open space was laid out to the north. Photographs of the 1960s show there was once a popular paddling pool, but this has since been re-landscaped.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
DirectionsTube: Mile End (Central; District)
- Early 20th Century (1901-1932)
London Parks and Gardens Trust