Now a public garden owned by Tower Hamlets Council., the roughly triangular site is bordered by the Limehouse Cut, London’s oldest canal built in 1766-9, with Commercial Road to the north and Docklands Light Railway viaduct, originally built for the London and Blackwall Railway, along its former southern boundary.
Rectory Gardens is on the site of the former garden of St Anne's Rectory, an early C18th house that was destroyed in WWII.
Visitor FacilitiesOpening is unrestricted.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsOpening is unrestricted.
London Parks and Gardens Trust