In this small surrounding churchyard is the statue of Samuel Johnson who was a member of the congregation, and nearby are recent statues including that to Bomber Harris.
St Clement Danes formerly had a good-sized churchyard, but this was severely reduced as a result of roadworks in 1855 and now remains as a small railed enclosure around the church. A church has existed here since the 9th century; the Wren church of 1682 was severely damaged in World War 2 and restored by the RAF by 1958 when it was re-consecrated.
Visitor FacilitiesChurch open daily 9am-4pm except bank holidays and for special services.
- Access & Directions
Access Contact DetailsChurch open daily 9am-4pm except bank holidays and for special services.
DirectionsTube: Temple (District, Circle).
Official WebsiteClick Here
London Parks and Gardens Trust